louise@postpainting.net (440) 439-6808

Projects


photo of Cuyahoga County Courthouse

LOCATION:Cleveland, Ohio

TYPE:Historic Restoration

View Project

It was an honor to be a part of the historic restoration of this 90 year old building. The Cuyahoga County Courthouse Rotunda Restoration and Roof Replacement were completed in three phases. The first phase was the most visual. The painting of the plaster domes and skylights that form the Rotunda included four colors of paint and gold leaf detail. The second phase was painting the attic above the domes, which is used for maintenance access. The attic was built over the domes in the 1940’s to seal the skylights in the event of an air raid during World War II. The structural steel supports brick walls and concrete slabs which were never painted and had debris at least 60 years old. The third phase was the restoration of the moat around the outside of the building.


photo of John Hay High School

LOCATION:Cleveland, Ohio

TYPE:Restoration

View Project

The renovation of John Hayes High School which was originally built in 1926 has been a major undertaking. The Auditorium included the decorative painting of the ceiling, walls arch of the stage, balcony and floor. Several weeks of lead paint removal and plaster repair were necessary. The final phase was scarifying and applying epoxy paint to the areas of the floor not receiving carpet.


photo of Oberlin College

LOCATION:Cleveland, Ohio

TYPE:Restoration

View Project

The building is a Victorian Century Home. Since the new occupant is the Environmental Studies Lab, it was necessary to be sure the building was environmentally safe. After the aluminum siding was removed and weather conditions began to cooperate, the paint that did not fall off during demolition was wet sanded and collected for disposal. Only the loose paint was removed. The siding was primed in its entirety and then painted with 2 coats of acrylic paint. We began the interior finished after all abatement was complete and plaster surfaces were repaired. Perimeter walls were primed with a special moisture resistant primer to help seal the old plaster. All remaining areas were painted with acrylic paint.